Spring Break 2016 (Austin or Bust?)

Back in February, I received an acceptance letter from my "reach school," the University of Texas at Austin. As this week is my spring break, we booked a three-day trip to Austin. Today, my family and I were supposed to fly out to Austin, TX for a second look at UT, with a whole bunch of information sessions and tours tomorrow.


Unfortunately, the snow had other plans for us (see the articles below) and we will not be flying out there for at least a few more weeks. 


We had an unforgettable day (honestly), from flight delays to the eventual cancellation and nearly flying out to Austin.


Alonzi Family Itinerary
  • 7:00 AM - left our house for the airport.
    While we were on our way, the radio hosts continually advised their listeners to "stay home today" because of the blizzard conditions.
  • 8:30 AM - arrived at DIA for our flight.
  • 9:45 AM - boarded the Austin-bound airplane
  • 10:05 AM - original departure time. De-planed because they were not de-icing any planes for departure.
  • Delays - 11:30, 12:30, 1:30, 2:30
  • 1:45 PM - flight officially canceled. Pena Boulevard, the entrance and exit to/from the airport, was closed at this point.
  • 3:00 PM - Pena Boulevard opens. The Alonzi family departed.
  • 5:30 PM - arrived at home after a long day of waiting for a flight that never left.

I'd like to thank my parents for making trips like these possible (even if the weather sometimes stops us). And, I'd like to offer a huge shoutout to my dad, who safely drove the whole family both ways on a snowy Denver day.


On another note, happy National Puppy Day to my two favorite puppies, Duffy and Stella!

Official acceptance screen from UT
Picture from my mom and I's visit last year... See you soon, hopefully. 
National Puppy Day - Stella (L) and Duffy (R)
Articles:

Comments

Popular Posts