A Fun College Moment

Hola!

I'm more than a month into my freshman year at CU, and let  me tell you - I love it here! I've had lots of really cool experiences, but tonight was absolutely incredible.

One of the reasons I chose CU was its school spirit. I felt like if I were going to go somewhere for college, I might as well  be proud to go there. Plus, that school spirit creates a fantastic sense of community at a big school.

Last night (9/24/16), CU played the Oregon Ducks, our Pac 12 opener and an away game. A group of friends and I went to Buffalo Wild Wings to watch the game and stayed until the 3rd quarter. That's when things started to get crazy! The game was really close at the end, making me and other Buffs a little nervous.

The win versus Oregon (41-38 final score) was the first time since 1998 (that's when I was born!) that the Buffs had won!

CU Football's awesome student section, which I am just starting to get involved in, wanted to welcome the Buffs back to Boulder. Word got out to about 50 dedicated fans (the other half didn't make the picture) and we were able to make something awesome happen.

Some of the CU fans!

The buses arriving
I got a high five from every CU football player, and even Coach Mac when they walked around to thank the fans for being there. I do apologize for the video quality :)

And, after various chants of "speech" from the crowd, Coach Mac did just that. Here's that footage!


I am so proud and excited to be a Buff!

Fight CU down the field,
CU must win!
Fight, fight for victory
CU knows no defeat
We'll roll up that mighty score
Never Give In
Shoulder to Shoulder we will
FIGHT, FIGHT, FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT
Buffaloes, Buffaloes Go CU!

Comments

Popular Posts