August-October: Sophomore Year!

Wow, what a year it's been! I can't believe I'm halfway through college and am still feeling so lucky to go to school in beautiful Boulder, CO. This year was jam-packed full of memories and I'm so excited to see what the next two years will bring :)

August 2017: In August, I finished my first summer internship with Leprino Foods, working in their Quality Assurance department. Then, I moved into the Tri Delta house for my first time! Coming back to Boulder was exciting and I really enjoyed seeing everybody again. The week before classes was filled with our officer retreat and recruitment preparation, along with some other fun nights and training. We started classes for the fall semester on my birthday, and the rest is history!

September 2017: Football season began right away, so September was filled with fun days outside at the CU/CSU (Rocky Mountain Showdown) game and the CU/Washington game! We also had Fall Recruitment over Labor Day weekend, through which we gained a fabulous class of new members (now initiated), including my little! I drove down to Lone Tree the weekend after recruitment to see One Republic - my favorite band - at Fiddler's Green. My involvement in other organizations on campus allowed me to participate in the Leeds Book Club discussions over Freakonomics and do a ropes course with the residents of the Leeds RAP. Finally, I worked with a team in my ethics course and had an insightful interview with a professor for Business Law and Ethics at Indiana University.

October 2017: Dad's Weekend was in early October, so I spent the afternoon at the CU/Arizona football game and played some golf with my dad before heading back to Boulder. We also had a Date Dash to the Frightmare Compound (a haunted house), so I brought my friend Andrew! Big/Little Reveal was the Friday after that, and my little Kiana joined our family! We gave her a bunch of crafts leading up to reveal and then went to the Sink (where her grandparents met). She's the goofiest, kindest person I've met and I'm so excited she's in my family!

Comments

Popular Posts