2018 in Review

I can't believe it's already the end of 2018! What a year it's been. I feel so grateful to have such amazing people in my life, and wonderful opportunities to learn and grow throughout. Here's my 2018 "Year in Review!"

Hawaii: My family started the year off on the Big Island of Hawaii golfing, relaxing, snorkeling, and more.


Academics: In 2018, I had two challenging but rewarding semesters. In the spring, I took BASE (The "BCOR Applied Semester Experience") which allowed me to complete all of my core requirements. In the fall, I took classes in Accounting and Spanish.
BASE Team #52
Greek Week: Every year, the Greek community at CU puts on "Greek Week," a week-long competition including Powderpuff football, "Songfest" (dancing), community service, and more. After lots of hard work, Tri Delta won this year!

Spring Break in Winter Park: I was lucky enough to spend a few days in Winter Park with some of my best friends! We went skiing, hiking, bowling, and spent a little time at the hot springs.


Hamilton/Denver: My mom managed to score tickets for the whole family to see Hamilton in Denver over spring break. I loved the musical, much like everyone else and really wanted to see it again!

Hamilton/Chicago: After I got home from Winter Park, my mom and I were hanging out. She got an email saying that she won two tickets to go see Hamilton in Chicago, still over my spring break! We booked tickets that day, and flew out the next night for a fun girls' weekend. It was my first time in Chicago, so we did lots of the touristy things like going up the Sears/Willis Tower, eating Giordano's pizza, hanging out by the Bean, and visiting the Art Institute of Chicago!


Boulder Boost: Throughout the fall and spring semesters of my sophomore year, I worked with a team from Leeds Scholars to put on the 5th annual Boulder Boost event, a job readiness fair for the homeless in Boulder. On April 6, we hosted our culminating event with sponsors from around town and a variety of food donated. Other supporting events included our restaurant night at Boulder favorite, Illegal Pete's, and a professional clothing donation drive.

Other Spring 2018 Highlights: The spring semester was a lot of fun. A couple of highlights included an adventurous afternoon at Lost Gulch, participating in a promotion at a basketball game, hot tubbing, picking up my big from the airport after her semester abroad, and enjoying the beautiful views of the flatirons on campus.

Moving: My family officially moved homes after 18 years in Lone Tree! We're enjoying our new home in Denver now.

Summer 2018 Highlights: Summer was filled with lots of fun activities, including the Bolder Boulder 10K, hiking the Manitou Incline, spending time in Washington Park, participating in Summer Leadership Programs during accounting recruiting, and enjoying time in Denver. I also got to see a couple concerts and celebrate my big's 21st birthday in Vail.


Vegas: My family took a weekend trip to Las Vegas, where we saw Hamilton, explored the strip, and relaxed a little bit.


Washington: Over Thanksgiving break, my family visited our cousins, aunt, and uncle in their new home in Washington. I really enjoyed getting to see the new place and explore!


Fall 2018 Semester: The Fall semester was busy and exciting, and occasionally stressful. I took major-specific classes for Accounting and took an interesting class about Spanish cities. Meanwhile, I held my job at the Engineering Center and served as the Vice President of Finance for my sorority. Other fun adventures included the fall retreat for the Leeds Scholars Program and doing the St. Jude Walk/Run.


CU Sports: As usual, I went to the football and basketball games to support my Buffs! Looking forward to going again when I get back next fall!


Leprino: Over the summer, I worked an internship with Leprino Foods' marketing team. I learned so much from this experience and enjoyed working each day with my fabulous team. My projects were focused on protein bars and pizza, making for interesting (and usually delicious) research!


With that in mind, I'm looking forward to starting 2019 in Barcelona, Spain for my semester abroad (a long-time dream of mine) and spending the summer working for KPMG (a "Big 4" Public Accounting firm). Thank you to everyone who made 2018 so wonderful!

-A

Comments

Popular Posts