Updates on August and early September, 2014

Hi everyone!
It's been a while since I have updated my blog, but the 2014-2015 school year is in full swing! I have been enjoying my junior year so far and am feeling appreciative of the life I have been given.

This week is homecoming week. It's been so exciting to see from "behind the curtain" what goes on in the process of planning a school dance. The juniors are in charge of planning prom in April, so this has certainly been a huge learning experience for the junior senate class. I have my dress for homecoming and am excited to go to the dance with a group of friends this year. Pictures will be coming at the end of the week - the Liberty Bell Cross Country Invitational, homecoming game, homecoming parade, and dance are all coming up within the next few days!

I attended the Unified soccer game today. It was my first one of the two years I have been at HR. I must say, it was a really positive experience. I loved how happy the unified kids seemed to be playing and hanging out with fans to cheer them on. The tunnel at the end was probably my favorite part- they were just so excited!

Here's a general recap of my life for the past month:

August 23, 2014: Q-Man Classic
The event was a success. We had over 400 runners and it was great to see all the hard work put into it over the summer come together! The second picture was courtesy of Mrs. Commercon, a team mom that rocks. It was during the time trial, where I ran a 24:58.

August 28, 2014: My Birthday, License
I got my license on my birthday. My test was in the pouring rain and I still passed the first time. The freedom is wonderful!

August 29, 2014: Arapahoe Invite/First Football Game
My first time of the season was a 26:03. This was simply because we had to run through 2 creeks that were about hip-level on me and other people.

 September 5, 2014: Cherry Creek Invite
My time was a 24:42. This took 90 seconds off of my time from sophomore year at the same race. Finished strong and am currently 11th on my team!

September 6, 2014: Out of the Darkness Walk
This was a really powerful event that I was lucky enough to be a part of with HRHS Student Senate. The walk is to prevent suicide and attracted thousands of community members to help those who are struggling "out of the darkness." I enjoyed the experience so much and would love to help out again.

September 6-7, 2014: Brianna's Birthday Party
We went around town in a limo, enjoyed cake, and celebrated Brianna's 16th birthday (the day after mine!)

September 7, 2014: BMW Golf Event at Cherry Hills Country Club
I got my hat signed by Sergio Garcia, a famous Spanish golfer who I have looked up to since I started watching golf. Jordan Spieth, Rickie Fowler, Bubba Watson, Justin Rose, Webb Simpson, Martin Kaymer, Jim Furyk, Zach Johnson, Graham DeLaet and Graeme McDowell were other famous sightings. It was a great day to watch some golf and a neat day to see some of the best players in the world do the thing they love.

September 9, 2014: Homecoming Dress-Up Day (5th Avenue - fancy!)
The first picture is the junior senate class. The second is one of my best buddies, Priya, and I. Great day!

HR Homecoming Week:
Theme - New York, New York
Monday- What Not to Wear (I wore sweats!)
Tuesday- 5th Avenue (above)
Wednesday- Broadway (I was Olivia Newton John as Sandy from Grease)
Thursday- USA Day (9/11)
Friday- Falcon Freakout

Happy Homecoming Week!
Amy

Comments

Popular Posts