A Very Quick Update

Hiya!

It's hard to believe that we are only 10 days away from 2016! This quick update is for college and what I've received so far. I'm getting closer to making my decision, but am not quite there yet. So, here goes!

The University of Colorado - Boulder
I received my first acceptance letter from CU-Boulder on the first day they were releasing decisions. What a relief it was to finally hear from someone after completing my application by September 13. Here's the rundown:

  • Accepted to the general university
  • Accepted to the Leeds School of Business
  • Accepted to the Leeds Honors Program
  • New member of the Leeds Scholars Program (competitive business honors program that requires an essay portion and interview. Leeds Scholars also travel to either Argentina or Tokyo to learn about business as freshmen!)
  • $3,500 per year in merit-based scholarships
Indiana University - Bloomington
I received my second acceptance letter the next day, from Indiana University - Bloomington, home to the Kelley School of Business (ranked #8 in the country for undergraduate studies).
  • Accepted to the general university
  • Direct admit to the Kelley School of Business
  • Admitted to the Hutton Honors College
  • $44,000 in merit-based scholarship money ($11,000 per year), the largest merit-based scholarship award (for automatic consideration) for out-of state students.
The University of Denver

I received my online acceptance letter from DU last Monday night, and am still waiting for the official acceptance packet with all of the details on scholarship money and B-School admission. 

The University of Texas - Austin
Though I applied by the Early Action Deadline (October 15) and was promised a decision before Christmas when we visited UT this spring, I have not received anything from them. Better yet, I called the admissions office and they said I won't hear until January or February.
What I thought was my first choice at the beginning of the year may not be my first choice after all.
Hook 'em?

Boettcher Scholarship
Last but not least, I applied for the Boettcher Scholarship, a competitive full-ride scholarship for Colorado students. Though I was not chosen for the semi-finalist round, I am at least glad that I put my hat in the ring and did my best. HR has 5 semi-finalists, so I am now rooting for them!

I am so relieved that all of the general applications are done - now I'm just waiting to hear from UT!(the #5 business program in the country and #1 accounting program) Scholarships, here I come!

Amy

QUOTE OF THE DAY:  "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." -Nelson Mandela

Comments

Popular Posts