Fin de Semana con Familia

Bon Día!

I got to spend last weekend with my family in Barcelona showing them some of my favorite spots in town. It was a lot of fun! Here's what we did :)

Friday: I had my final oral exams in the morning, so I headed to class. Then, I met up with my family at El Fornet right by CIEE. From there, we took the train to Sitges! When we got in, it was raining a little but we made the most of our time by stopping in lots of cute shops. Last time I went (with Ray), we couldn't find a place to buy towels... This time, we did (link here)! We ate at Chiringuito on the beach, a recommendation from my host mom, for lunch. We got a seafood paella, salad with olives, and croquetas.
After this, we walked along the port and up towards the two churches. We couldn't get into the church on the hill that's usually open, but enjoyed a nice walk. We got an afternoon coffee at Vivero Beach Club before heading back to Barcelona.
I met up with everyone later at the Montjuic Magic Fountain. My bus didn't stop at the one I needed because there was tons of traffic, and there were lots of people there. But I made it with plenty of time to watch the show! On our way back down, we got caught in a huge rainstorm/downpour but got back to our respective apartments after. Kaitlyn and I met up for drinks at our local bar a little later.
Saturday: We decided to spend our Saturday along the water in Barcelona. We met at the Ciutadella/Villa Olímpica stop and walk for a few minutes down to the port for lunch at El Tinglado de Moncho's. This time, we ordered some different things - vegetable paella, a delicious salad (with lentils, tomato, onion, and pepper), a seafood pasta, and patatas bravas. Everything was really good, and I love the location on the port. We then walked along the port to Barceloneta Beach.
After walking back towards the Barcelona Cathedral, we were a little too late to get in. However, Santa Maria del Mar was open. We got dinner after and watched the FC Barcelona game at El Guindilla - Borne. This place was delicious! The salads were incredible and we loved the sangria!
Sunday: I met up with my family in the morning by the Sagrada Familia so everyone could get another look at it. Then, we stopped at a bunch of different restaurants along the Avenida Gaudi, the street that goes directly to the Hospital de Sant Pau. The pizza place we chose was right by the hospital site and was delicious. They're brand new and even asked to take our picture. Other highlights included the pastry from Demasié and the churros from Chocolat-Box. I had dinner with my host mom and her daughter for probably the last time before I head back home!

It was a great weekend in Barcelona! Now to finals week...

Amy

Comments

Popular Posts