Semana Doce

Hola!

Last week was a very fun week in Barcelona! I can't believe I only have one full week left before the semester ends. Here's a summary of my week!

Sunday: On Sunday, I went to the airport with Ray in the morning, then went back to my apartment for a little bit to work on homework. I wasn't ready for him to leave, but we had a ton of fun traveling together! I went back to the airport later to meet my grandma, aunt, and cousin who came to Barcelona to come visit! :)

After hanging out at their AirBnB for a while, we went to Plaza de España & Montjuic. I took everyone up to the rooftop of Las Arenas (the former bullring turned mall) to get a 360-degree view of the city. Then, we grabbed a snack at Buenas Migas and Amorino Gelato. Everyone was tired from the flights, so we went our separate ways for the night.
Monday: I had a field trip to the Forum (one of the furthest corners of Barcelona) to learn about the 2004 Forum of Cultures and the history of the area. It was interesting to hear it first-hand, and we even had a "surprise" guest speaker who told us about his personal experiences!
I then went over to Casa Vicens with my friends Allie and Emily to visit one of the last visit-able Gaudi buildings in Barcelona that I hadn't seen. I loved it, as it was very different than the other ones I've been to! I would definitely like to live in a house like that someday...
After my classes for the day, I met up with my family at a metro stop close to CIEE and went over to Las Ramblas. We walked around the area, where I explained some history and we visited the Columbus statue. We decided to go see a flamenco show at Los Tarantos, then eat dinner at Moka! The restaurant even gave us some bonus churros... Delicious!
Tuesday: In the morning, I met up with my family at one of my favorite brunch spots (EatMyTrip) between my classes! Later on, we went to Ciutadella Park after their walking tour through the Gothic Quarter and Born District. I applied my knowledge from my history class and we got some gelato nearby at La Glace BCN.
Wednesday: In between my classes, I tried a new place called Thai Barcelona near CIEE. It was fancy and really good without being super expensive. After, I brought my family up to Camp Nou and my apartment to meet my gracious host mom! She made us some tea and an apple pastry, and we enjoyed talking for a while. This was a great opportunity to practice my Spanish skills (both translating and speaking) and bring everyone together. I really enjoyed it!
Thursday: I had a couple of presentations on Thursday about festivals in Spain (my Spanish class) and my group's marketing project. Between all of it, I went to another one of my brunch spots - Granja Petitbo - to get some stuff done. I met up with everybody after to walk around Passeig de Gracia, shop, and (attempt) to visit the Barcelona Cathedral. For dinner, we went to Cerveceria Catalana (still my favorite spot) and tried a variety of traditional Catalan dishes!

More to come soon!

Amy

Comments

Popular Posts