Algunos Lugares Nuevos

Buenos tardes from Barcelona!

The last days have been a lot of fun here! I feel like I'm settling in a little more each day, slowly but surely.

After my last post, I went to the Bunkers del Carmel (Turo de la Rovira) with a group from CIEE. All of the students (except the local) didn't realize how much of a hike this was, but the view was definitely worth it! Pictures don't do it justice but I really enjoyed hanging out with other study abroad students (making some really cool friends here!) and seeing the city.

The next morning (yesterday - 1/9), I went to the CIEE Study Center for a morning talk. Then, I went shopping with my new friend Kaitlyn on the nearby Passeig de Gracia! I returned later for a discussion about Spanish Politics and some of the current events surrounding that with my soon-to-be professor! He seems very knowledgeable and nice, so I'm excited for his class! I went back for a siesta for the afternoon.

Kaitlyn and I met up later to walk around our area and get coffee and tea before dinner :) My host mom made "Arroz a la Cubana" (rice with a tomato sauce and a fried egg) and some fresh tomato and mozzarella. It was really good and reminded me of the caprese bites my mom makes!
The tea that I ordered came in a cute little box with pictures of the ingredients!

This morning, my Spanish class started! I took the metro and arrived at class in time. Between that and the Travel Tips session I went to later, I got coffee with another student. We got tapas for lunch, then went over to the Arc de Triomf area to explore and walk around the park. After spending a little time at the park, I realized that my friend Ben was also there (total coincidence!) and ended up grabbing coffee with him and his friend Stephanie before they went to class.

Dinner tonight was chicken and potatoes, and was very good. We have an activity or two this weekend, but I'm excited to spend the rest of it exploring more of the city, per usual. Classes start Monday and I'm also looking forward to a regular schedule and getting back into a rhythm (to some extent).

Hasta luego!

Amy

Comments

Popular Posts