Semana Dos

Hola a todos!

I can't believe the second week of classes is already done! Here's a brief summary of what I've been up to this week!

Lunes: On Monday, I had a field trip for my history class to the Gothic Quarter of Barcelona. We explored the Roman walls, towers, and temples that are still standing or visible around the city. I found a fun new lunch place called Wok to Walk over there as well! Later, I went to an event with CIEE students where we decorated Gaudi buildings or structures however we wanted to. I'm no artist, but I like how mine turned out!
Martes: On Tuesday, I found a cute new coffee shop to meet people at or do homework called CosmoCafe in Eixample, about a 10 minute walk from the CIEE Study Center. Later, I attended an intercambio (meetup with local students and professors) at CocoVail Beer Hall, a 5-minute walk from CIEE.
Miércoles: On Wednesday, I had my normal classes. We watched a funny video in my Spain Politics class and talked about the history of Barcelona. I went to a flamenco show as well, where I got to see a fun performance and reminisce on our first experience in Sevilla!
Jueves: On Thursday, I had my Spanish Grammar class and my business classes in the afternoon. I watched First Dates with my host mom when I got home :) I found another cute brunch spot called Granja Petitbo as well, and stopped by Casa Vicens on my way back after class.
Viernes: On Friday, I went to the Montjuic Castle complex and olympic area to walk around! The castle has spectacular views of the city and the sea. It's huge too! I enjoyed exploring the area.
Coming Soon: This weekend, I'm off to Figueres and Girona for a day trip with CIEE! I'm looking forward to visiting the Dali museum and walking around one of the cities where Game of Thrones was filmed.

Interesting Anecdote: Throughout the week, taxi drivers in Barcelona were protesting against ride-sharing services like Uber. They parked their cars in the middle of Passeig de Gracia to slow traffic flow. Read more here!


Hasta luego!

Amy

Comments

Popular Posts