Semana Diez

Hola!

Monday: In the morning, I had a field trip to the Anti-Bomb Shelter in Placa de Diamant (Gracia) for my history class. It was used during the Spanish Civil War to protect citizens from the constant bombings sent towards the city. It was really interesting to walk through the area and visit a new area of the city. I ended up eating some lunch in that same area with my friend Emily between classes.
Tuesday: After my morning class, I had an extra hour and a half since I had one cancelled. I decided to spend that time visiting Palau Guell, a Gaudi house just off Las Ramblas. It's one of the cheapest options to visit something by Gaudi in Barcelona and I'd recommend stopping in. I loved the rooftop with the "ice cream cone" shaped chimneys and the interior rooms with the ornate decorations.
Wednesday: To celebrate the first day of spring, my host mom took me out to churros for breakfast at a place right by our apartment. We walked around our area a little bit after, passing by the FCB stadium and some restaurants.
Thursday: I spent my Thursday evening relaxing and catching up on some things. I had a phone call and met up with a local student to practice some Spanish before watching some TV with my host mom.

Hasta luego!

Amy

Comments

Popular Posts