Alonzis Italian Adventure: Day 1 (Venice)

What a beautiful first day it has been! We mostly spent today getting adjusted. The first plane ride from Denver to Frankfurt took 8 and a half hours and I had enough time to watch The Secret Life of Walter Mitty and sleep for 3 hours. I struggled to fall asleep but felt good this morning and was ready to roll. Our second flight from Frankfurt to Venice was also pretty good. I wish we had gotten a window seat with a window though.. They gave us chocolate bars and sodas (which made up for it).
When we got into Venice, we took a water taxi into our hotel. The picture below was posted to Instagram today and is officially one of my favorite pictures I've ever taken.
After the water-taxi ride, we took a vaporreto from our hotel to San Marco. Along the way, we saw Rialto Bridge, a really fancy church, and the Accademia.
I took a great picture of Rialto earlier but unfortunately cannot share it tonight.

I also had my first Italian Gelato in Italy today... AMAZING! Mine was strawberry and chocolate.
This is the bell tower. We went on top and the picture below this is from the top looking at the islands of Venice.

And.. Sunset.

QOTD: "I love places that have an incredible history. I love the Italian way of life. I love the food. I love the people. I love the attitudes of Italians." – Elton John

More pictures coming soon!

Amy

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your pictures--brings back so many great memories. All is good here. This is my first blog ever--hope it works

    Grannyma

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts