Ready to Go!

One of my favorite things about Colorado is the perfect golf weather that (usually) is a summer constant. This morning, my dad and I got up to go play 18 holes at a course I had never played - Buffalo Run. If you want more information about it, here is their website: http://www.buffalorungolfcourse.com/

I had a lot of fun - but I wasn't quite lucky enough to get my second birdie this week. I made lots of bogeys (and doubles... and triples..), but no pars. On the par 3 number 7, the wind was crazy! It was against our faces and we had to add about two clubs to get to the green. With a 120-yard hole, I had to hit a 5 hybrid (normally a 7 iron). The hybrid sat down very nicely with an uphill 8 footer remaining for birdie. I hit the 8 footer about 3 feet by the hole (I know, really bad, really really bad), but I also missed my par. What I learned was In life, you will be given lots of opportunities, some that will be successful and others that won't. The most important thing is to never give up or be discouraged. I will admit that I gave up a little bit after I missed the birdie, but my dad made sure to tell me that 18 holes is a lot, and I still could have scored better (than 107). Either way, beautiful day and course. Here is a collage from today.

In no specific order, selfie with my dad and I, some pretty golf holes, and my dad with his buffalo (he is a CU alumni)
I am all packed for my two week trip to Italy and am super excited. It's going to be a whole lot of fun and I can't wait to share my pictures. Fair warning: I may not be able to post them if I don't have any WiFi. We shall see though :)

QOTD: The best way to cope with trouble is to stay out of it as much as possible. -Jack Nicklaus

Ci sentiamo presto!

Amy

Comments

Popular Posts