Sponsors and Tough Workouts

HAPPY HUMP DAY!

What a crazy day it has been! I spent my morning working out... and not just running. Today there was a summer workout at the Bluffs (one of my personal favorite places) where I ran for (four) miles. I took it pretty easy, but that's okay considering I worked out at 5 pm last night.

But wait, there's more! Then, my mom invited me to come to the crossfit gym with her.. and so I did. I ended up doing the workout with the 9AM class.

3 Rounds of 3 Minute AMRAP:
500 meter row
Pistol Squats with remaining time

I did the entire workout and watched my mom get a double under PR for the "grind." She did 100 double unders unbroken and her only goal was 75. I'm really proud of her.

Then, my friend Jenne Lee Sanford and I went to go get sponsorships with the help of my mom for the 2014 Q-Man Classic. I would say that today went well! We have a couple of different companies on board, I feel like I'm getting more comfortable with my sales pitches, and it's getting easier. We had one completely successful business to start our day out and then worked our way towards other companies. One thing I learned today was that it's kinda difficult to get to the decision makers of bigger companies.

After Q-Man duties, I had dinner with my grandparents. They showed my brother and I pictures of Rome (because we will be there pretty soon) and just talked to us about life. Today's "picture of the day" is of the Trevi Fountain in Rome. No, it is not my picture (and I probably won't be able to get something this great!).
Trevi Fountain:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/incoming/article33812.ece/ALTERNATES/w620/Fontana_di_Trevi.jpg

My dad is back at home as well, so all is good in the Alonzi household. Any comments about Italy and/or getting sponsors for any type of event are welcomed.

QOTD: "Whosoever desires constant success must change his conduct with the times." -Niccolo Machiavelli

Amy

Comments

Popular Posts