The Incline

Happy Thursday!

Today was an "active rest" day according to my crossfit buddies. We took a day trip up to Manitou Springs to do the Incline. Find some information about the workout here.. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manitou_Incline. Basically, here are the highlights:

  • Over 2,000 feet of elevation gain in less than a mile.
  • Grades as steep as 68% in some parts
It took me somewhere between 36 and 49 minutes... not sure exactly where I finished but it certainly did feel great once I reached the top. Here are some pictures from our adventure.
Before! From left to right:
Dee Dee, Me, Mom, Sarah, Devon, Karim
Only getting started in this picture!
How far is this thing?
A picture from the top with my mama bear
And of course, the inevitable #selfie
From the top, left to right:
Karim, Sarah, Me, Devon, Mom, Dee Dee

The walk down was as difficult as the walk up (I shouldn't say that, the walk up was really tough!). But I did biff it on the way down because it was so steep! Fair warning to anyone that is crazy enough to do the Incline, be careful, keep a steady pace, and enjoy the views!

I'm thinking a lot about our sponsors that I got for Q-Man yesterday and am getting more excited as the race gets closer. Updates will come!

Workout, a short game lesson and a possible pool party tomorrow. Summer rocks!

QOTD: Do the difficult things while they are easy and do the great things while they are small. A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step. -Lao Tzu

Amy

Comments

Popular Posts